Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Who knew?

So I have discovered something very unpleasant:
Eating desserts every night (yes I meant for desserts to be plural) + eating whatever you want for b,l,d - exercise = weight gain!
Go figure.

I am not usually a sweets girl and I am snobby about the baked goods I do eat (I only eat baked from scratch, and cut and bake don't count.) Generally that keeps me in check because so many people bust out the packaged cookies. Not this year. I now have too many friends who are excellent bakers.

Welcome to the vicious cycle:

My clothes have not been fitting quite right, which makes me annoyed. To not obsess over how tight everything is I go to my fat pants and the pants with elastic waistbands (think Old Navy sleep pants), which allow me to forget how unpleasantly tight my real clothes are as I shove another snickerdoodle in my mouth. Not good.

I have said it before and I will say it again: I will never again eat in elastic! Maybe I should write a diet book, "Don't eat in elastic and other tips from Val?"

Hope you are all coming down from your sugar highs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home