Thursday, December 07, 2006

Right on George Clooney!


Because I am too cheap to buy magazines, I have to rely on my friend's sloppy seconds. Luckily, they buy them like mad.

So I just read the George Clooney Sexiest Man Alive People Magazine and was thrilled to hear what he had to say about marriage.

People Mag: You told Barbara Walters back in 1995 that, "I'll never marry again." Have you changed your mind?

George: ......."The truth is, I'm really happy. People always go, "Aren't you afraid of being alone or dying alone?" And I just go, "I've also been in relationships where I've been shockingly alone." I don't agree with the idea that you have to have that or it's a failed life. I've been my most happy and my most unhappy in relationships. I have family and friends and people I care very much about. I've got a really, really good life."

Well said. In the Bridal Wave, we stress that getting married is not "winning" in the game of life. Having a spouse is certainly not a happiness guarantee. I'm glad that George is getting the word out. Oh, and he is is super hot. Sorry, had to add that.

2 Comments:

Blogger natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

I totally agree! Being married a year, I can honestly say that I've had both my highest highs AND lowest lows. It is really challenging to live with another person FOREVER... And, frankly, I have always been a bit of a commitment phobe and free spirit. There are still times I wonder if I am meant to be a loner when it comes to "forever after." Not that my husband isn't a wonderful guy. He is a truly fine human being. And, if I am going to make it for the long term with anyone, he is it. I'm just saying kudos to George for knowing who he is and what he does (or does not) want. That is the first key to happiness.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Therapist Mumbles said...

First of all, if you are going to be narcissistic, as any real star must be, then there is probably very room in your life for anyone else.

Marriage takes the ability to let some of your own stuff go so that you can get along with someone.

Now, if you are doing way more of the letting go, then it's not a good marriage.

That's why, marriage, and any other long-term relationships, have been a large part of my business.

How much is fair? How much is good? Is she being a bitch? Is he being a bully? It all depends upon how each individual enters into being a couple.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home