Friday, December 22, 2006

Sad farewell

Tonight I said goodbye to Erin, who is heading back to her real life in NYC. Thanks to an amazing stroke of luck, I got to spend all of 2006 with her, working on The Bridal Wave.

Not to get all mushy but I want to take a moment to say how much I am going to miss her in my life. I have never been one to have a lot of friends, just a few close ones, and Erin is definitely at the top of that list. We have been close for about 15 years and have been through so much together: adjusting to life 3000 miles away from home, moving to Japan, good relationships, bad relationships, personal loss, just so much.

I love the Brownie saying (and if it did not originate with the Brownies I apologize:) Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold. I have made some new, great friends here, but you just can't beat someone who has known you since your unfortunate "love sees no color" t-shirt days.

Bon Voyage ET.
-Val

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home