Friday, January 26, 2007

Valerie's Reality

Let me tell you, my Friday night is a rager! I spent a solid 2 hours catching up on all my reality shows. Over the past two days, I managed to squeeze all these in. Thank goodness for TiVo. I feel (almost) sorry for all those commercials. And doesn't it seem like commercial breaks are way longer than "two and two"? This must be blind greed because even a blind man could see that in our ADD society, give me a five minute commercial break and you will never get me back. Mainly because I'll have forgotten where I was.

Anywho, without further ado, here is my innaugural Valerie's Reality. And if you have a cuter name for this possibly recurring feature, feel free to send it in.

Ego Trip's The (White) Rapper Show
This show works on a number of levels:

1. MC Serch constantly stresses respect and subtracts points for swear words, and not to sound like a grandma, but it's nice to see good values being taught on a reality show
2. There are uncomfortable white rapper moments
3. The rappers do not all suck.

The first episode, the one where you see all of the painful auditions, a la American Idol, was unbelievably fabulous. The rest have not been as fabulous. I would rate it a "look forward to."


Maui Fever: There is some most unfortunate male cleaveage happening on this show, but if you can get past that you'll be good shape. I don't know what to say other than it is an MTV show about early 20-somethings living it up in Maui. Good for those of us who still watch MTV. Oh, and I have a friend who worked on this show. Hi Elizabeth! I would rate this a "am I way too old to love this the way I do?"


Engaged and Underage: When I heard about this show I thought it could serve as an example of our society gone marriage mad, but from the one episdoe I caught, it looked to be two people who had decided to wait for marriage to consummate their relationship. While I think that they may be making a mistake by choosing to hop into a lifetime commitment rather than hopping into bed, who am I to say? I don't want to bash anyone's marriage. I do know that the boy's mom was creepily into her son. He did not really seem to mind, but his new wife did...very much. I also know that this show is a "eh, if nothing else is on."

1 Comments:

Blogger natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

I have found that many moms are creepily into their sons... Their own type of tribal "son worship" and, ultimately, it does their sons no favors...

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home