Monday, October 16, 2006

A good cause and I met Huell!




To those of you not familiar with this man you are really missing out. He has a number of shows on our local PBS station which are basically all about his love of California. He travels around, visiting small towns and California-based businesses. One show was all about a town named Juilan that is known for its apple pie. Well, I consider myself a bit of an apple pie expert so I went to Julian to check it out. The pie was so-so, but the drive was gorgeous and I learned about a whole new area of CA.

An incentive during the KCET pledge drive was a night at the Drive In with Huell. Of course I signed up. I feel good about giving money to KCET, got to see a fabulously campy movie called The Queen From Outer Space, starring a young Zsa Zsa Gabor AND met Huell Howser! How much better can it get you ask? How about that we stopped for dessert at Chili's on the way home. Sometimes a girl needs her chain restaurants, ya know?

More on the movie at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home